20120308

Yesterday

Posted by Lindsay at 3/08/2012 11:39:00 AM
Of course, got to get to one of these posts because of a busy day or you just forgot, etc.

I tried to meet with Christian Challenge, but I was a little late, and there was no one there. I instead stopped by the transfer fair, and by stopped by, meaning I talked to lots of schools and got lots of details about how to proceed. IU for voice and IUPUI for pre-med look like the most promising. I also talked with a guy outside Christian Challenge who was running another booth inside-he invited me in.

After the fair, I got gas at Speedway and a $2 KFC snack pack with a thigh and headed out to McCormick's Creek. I snapped a few photos, and while doing so, I noticed that I'm still nervous about taking pictures of people or going where it looks like I might not be welcome. I also want to learn much, much more about what I'm doing when I have the time and money. Not much wildlife, but I did get some shots for my personal collection. I do also realize that I need to learn what a good photograph involves so I can choose the best of mine for a portfolio. Jamie helped me once, and it was interesting.

I came back for choir about 5 minutes early and Tim was sitting in. I said konnichi ha and left to do something on the computer and get water. It's not a good time to get a soda, I learned later, both vocally and timewise for that occasion, but I got a Cherry Coke as well. Choir was decent, and I was hitting some high notes after practice on ode to joy that finally turned Tim's head again. I really want this consistency thing to happen, so I'll keep working.

The exam went well. I didn't want to sit for ten minutes before it thinking about it, so I walked outside to play with my camera, but I don't think I'll keep anything from that. I also started experimenting with RAW yesterday, partly for the focus group/class on Saturday. I kept making faces and sighing about the bass cleff yesterday. I wonder if I just need the attention. I hope I don't interrupt the other students, or give them an excuse for their own lack of effort. I think I kept up my "A", though. I realized how paying attention to what you're doing and making the effort to ensure the "A" because you can do it and that's what you should earn pays off and caught two mistakes before I handed in my paper. That diligence might have saved me my 100% on the first quiz. No big.

I stopped by Brian's for a walk after class and then headed to the Y. I lifted weights and got in the hot tub after talking to Laura. It was nice to see her again.

The rest of the night I worked on the house and sang and watched "House, M.D." Disturbingly, I found Harry stuck on a cord where I hadn't noticed him before, but he seemed okay for it. No more frenetic than he usually is.

0 comments on "Yesterday"

Post a Comment

 

"No Day but Today" Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez